Did you know that METRO does SLAB SAWING and CORING?
Metro’s cutting & coring crews specialize in concrete cutting, drilling, and the
removal of small to medium structures. Ground penetrating radar is safer than x-ray
and hand held coring for shotcrete as well as asphalt coring with gas powered core
drills can be done in remote areas. Metro’ s coring unit will meet all of your coring
needs being able to core from 6 inches to more than 20 feet deep.
Most contractors understand the basic savings of Coring & Cutting over using a
jackhammer. The jackhammer is far more time consuming and noisy. Its damage
cannot be restricted to exact tolerances. Its pounding can induce serious structural
weaknesses. Coring & Cutting leaves a better appearance, is considerably faster,
reduces noise and dust, and eliminates vibration.
- Flat Sawing: Slabs can be cut up to 32" in depth from the surface.
- Removal: We offer a complete scope of concrete removal of slab on grade for pits, bases, service trenches, etc. Total disposal off-site.
- Locate rebar before you core
- REBAR locate rebar in horizontal and vertical surfaces
- CONDUIT Locate ‘live’ conduit to avoid damage when drilling, cutting or coring through concrete
- POST-TENSINON CABLES Locate post tension cables to avoid damaging them when cutting, coring or drilling through concrete
CORING - concrete & asphalt
- Diamond Core Drilling: Can drill holes from 1/4" to 12" diameter at any depth.
- In situ concrete strength confirmation
- Rebar coverage and concrete consolidation
- Road evaluation with asphalt depth and density
- Shotcrete nozzleman certification coring
- Coring for the installation of conduits, duct work, water, electrical and gas lines, etc…